Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Snow Day Means Egg Day!

March 14, 2017 - lovingly dubbed Snowmaggedon was a fun day for me!  Not only was the office closed (though I brought some work home to do, since I am so responsible), but I finally had some time to photograph all my egg designs to date for my portfolio. When I say, I had time, I mean I was able to convince my husband to take the photos while I worked on other things, like office work. 

I now have the job of photo shopping each photo, cropping the images, and posting them here.  The suspense is killing me.  Although the office is once again closed today, while the plow people figure out where to put 24 inches of snow around the entire time, I am still in the office getting a few things done.  When I get home, I will be working on all the photos so I can post them here for your viewing pleasure.  

Here is a sneak peek of the photos!  I even had the ability to use the light box I bought roughly 2 years ago.  The box was very easy to use and I am pleased as punch with my purchase.  


Once the photos are tweaked, cropped, and posted, I will get back into etching more eggs.  I started remembering designs I haven't done for years.  Isn't it funny how designs sometimes just fall out of your memory bank.  Some of the designs I started recollecting are old favorites that I cannot believe I forgot in the first place.  

Once those designs are completed, I will be working on newer and larger designs.  I have an idea for a Lithuanian sash design to put on a goose egg.  I started outlining it last night, and when it is done, I hope to share it with you on here. 

I hope everyone on the East Coast is snug and warm in their homes.  Please be careful if you are driving at all in the snow.  If you are not affected by Snowmaggedon, please pray for those who are. 


No comments:

Post a Comment