Tuesday, March 25, 2014

New Easter Egg Design and Balsamic Steak

Today we continue with the new egg design unveiling as well as the sharing of a new recipe - Balsamic Steak!

First and foremost:







Here is yet another traditional new egg design! This tulip is on a chicken egg dyed red.  The egg had some natural speckles which I think really enhanced the color. 

This tulip like flower also has a lot of lines throughout the egg which is also very common in more traditional egg designs.
 
 
The leaves border plays into the nature theme of this egg.  Nature themes are very strong in Lithuania and pays homage to the pagan ties of the country. 
I enjoyed making this egg and I think it will make a great new addition to my egg catalog.  What do you think?
Next up... Balsamic Steak!



I used two New York Strip Steaks.  First i pat dried the meat.  I rubbed a combination of salt, pepper, garlic, fresh chopped rosemary, onion powder, and so salt seasoning. 

Next I chopped one medium onion.  I heated my cast iron skillet with some olive oil.  Once heated I threw in the two steaks.  I cooked each side for 2 minutes tops (I like my steak medium - with some pink in the center). 
Once cooked I set the steaks aside to rest. 
With the meat bits and oil still in the skillet I threw in the chopped onion and about 1/2 cup chicken stock, and 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar.  I cooked everything until it reduced in size by half. 
 
 
 
 
SIMPLE! This recipe is easy and you will look like a chef to your friends, family, children, husband, boyfriend, or just yourself!
 
Enjoy.... We did!




 


1 comment:

  1. Wow! You and your sister made a fantastic dinner! The egg design is esquiste!

    ReplyDelete