Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Daffodils and Cocoa Almond Peanut Butter! Eggs and Recipes Continue...

Last night I started working on another old favorite egg... dandelions gone to seed.  I hope to show you a completed version of this favorite tomorrow.  While working on that egg I started wondering what new design I would create next.  I want to do something modern and fun.  I do lots of flowers and nature themed eggs.  This time I want to focus on either a human design or something so off the wall that it would be hard to put to words. 

I started looking online for inspiration.  I thought maybe a music theme.... Scrolling music bars and Lithuanian lyrics swirled around the egg.  Then I thought maybe some form of a woman face in an art nouveau style.  I also dabbled with the idea of a mermaid with hair all over the place.  In the end I could not decide on a new design or even a direction I wanted to focus on. 

As a result I am begging for help in the matter.  To the right of my posts please find a poll with numerous choices for new egg designs.  You may pick as many design ideas as you like!  By the end of the week I hope to have a design voted on that I can work on over the weekend.  Thank you so much in advance for your help!  The challenge has been made... help me get out of this designing funk!

Next let me reveal my newest egg design... the daffodil!



I love how this egg has both elements of the traditional with the scalloped borders, but also a touch of modern with the very realistic daffodil!

Finally... a recipe of some kind...

I was very tired last night.  My weekend was full of cooking and baking.  I am dying eggs every day.  I am still attempting to keep most rooms of the hose in decent shape.  The last thing I wanted to do last night was cook something big.  Actually I didn't want to cook at all.  One box of instant rice and a pre-assembled stuffed pork later, I decided I must make something to blog about...

Then it hit me... I love peanut butter.  I love Nutella.  I love almonds.  However, I am trying to not eat Nutella until I lose 7 more pounds and almonds get boring after you munch on a few.  Eureka! I decided to make... DRUM ROLL PLEASE...

Cocoa Almond Butter!

Yes I took simply these Ingredients:




One Bag of Almonds, about 1/4 cup walnuts (just for fun) and a little less than 1/4 cup chocolate wafers.

Then I dumped everything in the food processor.  Finally... I processed...
And I processed...
And I processed...
Finally... this amazing smell of warm chocolate almonds filled my kitchen! This was the easiest and best thing for me to make last night.  Dip fruit, cookies, even celery in this perfect snack accessory!

Enjoy!

AND VOTE FOR AN EGG DESIGN!!!!




 


1 comment:

  1. The almond butter looks delicious! I love the new egg design!

    ReplyDelete