Wednesday, June 30, 2010

FEATURE BLOG 4 - SoonerDesigner!!!!!!

I'm so glad to present a great paper crafter!!! Her shop has wonderful offers and great original items!!


1. What's your shop name?
soonerdesigner.etsy.com
2. Introduce yourself (name age and a little info).
My name is Kristina, I'm in my 20's & am a student/housewife.
3. Why do you do what you do on etsy?
I love making papercrafts! I used to have way too much trouble looking for cute greeting cards. The handmade cards in my small town were not good quality & were priced too high, so I started making my own. I received lots of compliments & it was suggested that I try selling them so I decided to give it a shot!
4. When and Why did you join etsy?
I actually joined etsy a year before I started selling. I was browsing a shop while looking for wedding supplies & wanted to ask them a question about their product. Since you have to have an account to send a convo, I created one. In April of this year, we were hosting a birthday party at my house & several people suggested I try selling my cards on etsy which is when I first started using my shop.
5. What have you learned about yourself during your business endeavor in selling on etsy?
I've learned that I (like many other people on etsy) have a really hard time pricing my items!
6. What do you do by day when you're not etsy's soonerdesigner?
By day I'm a mild-mannered student/housewife, but by night I'm a card-making superhero! LOL Really though I really spend most of my day making items for my shop, photographing them, & editing my photos in an effort to improve my shop.
7. What are your thoughts about selling on Etsy?
It's tough, but fun nonetheless.
8. Explain your craft and your crafting style.
My favorite cards to make are bright & feminine. I prefer to make cards that can be given for all occasions. I also include a picture with all of my listings showcasing messages that may be added to the cards to make them occasion-specific. This service is free of charge.
9. What are some of your favorite pieces?
I absolutely love my hand bound envelope books! ( http://www.etsy.com/listing/50056554/hand-bound-envelope-book ) I carry one around in my purse for coupons & constantly get compliments about them. As for my cards, my "Vintage Style Clipping" card is definitely my favorite. I love all of the bright colors & the big pink flower. ( http://www.etsy.com/listing/45734115/all-occasion-card-vintage-style-clipping )
10. Is it hard to part with your items once sold?
Not for me because I am just so excited that someone else loves them enough to give them to a loved one. It really makes me proud!
11. Explain how you got started in your craft.
I never could find handmade cards that fit my style, so it was out of necessity in a way.
12. What's your working space like?
Mobile. I keep my supplies in art boxes that I move between my office upstairs & my workspace on the coffee table downstairs. I prefer to work wherever I feel comfortable at the time.
13. Is your craft your job or your hobby? (explain)
I guess you could say it's a hobby that I hope to turn into a profitable job. I truly enjoy making my items & would love to be able to earn a living from them.
14. What's your personality and how does that reflect in your craft?
I'm a bit of a mix. (Aren't we all.) I love the classics that never go out of style (pearls, lace, black); vibrant items that fill you with energy; & just enough trendy things to keep you on the lookout for the next big thing. I think all of these things are showcased in my cards. (Classic: http://www.etsy.com/listing/45732821/weddingall-occasion-card-flower-and-lace ; Vibrant: http://www.etsy.com/listing/49903698/all-occasion-greeting-card-blue ; Trendy: http://www.etsy.com/listing/50068440/miniature-card-set-8-modern-designs )
15. Do you do any other crafts?
I do sew a little, but I mostly stick to papercrafting. Some of my crafts that I hope to have listed soon are altered notebooks & handmade notepad covers.
16. Who taught you to do this craft?
I'm self-taught & constantly learning more.
17. What are some of your favorite shops?
There are far too many to name, but I especially enjoy BrixtonStudios.etsy.com & DECAcandle.etsy.com .
18. What else would you like to say about anything and everything including yourself and/or your craft?
If anyone likes the style of my items, but doesn't see a card or book (would you rather have pretty papers instead of envelopes fill the book?) that fits their need please do not hesitate to convo me. I love custom orders! Also, if you buy more than 1 item in my shop any additional cards (including sets) ship free!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring me! I'll be linking this on my facebook. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome post for the card-making superhero!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done.....as are your beautiful cards!

    RusticRedo.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for mentioning me! Sooner, you have SUCH beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your shop :)

    www.impactstudio.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great write up, it's nice to get to know Sooner better! Oh, and there's something waiting for you over on my blog...

    http://silverrosesewing.blogspot.com/2010/07/sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the whole "card-making super hero" bit!

    ReplyDelete