Wednesday, June 9, 2010

New Idea

Sometimes I wonder what I should be doing with my life. On the one hand I'm in law school, barely even hanging in there (if that) but I dislike so much of it. I even have a law clerk position, but there too I find little to no interest in the material or issues I have in front of me. I find myself more nervous about what I'm going to do wrong.

All I keep thinking is how did I become so worthless? How did I go from high expectations, great potential, to nothing? While still working hard and not giving up I went from one of the best to someone not fit for anything. I can't understand my life, myself, or my future... because I don't have one.

By tomorrow at this time I should know what I should expect from others via my future or lack of one as a lawyer, and regardless of the outcome, I am still lost.

4 comments:

  1. That feeling you have... probably uncomfortable, is your ticket to figuring out what you want. It is an unexpected gift from your true self, so what are you going to do with it?

    And your eggs are beautiful.

    TF

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some things that need to be done to allow us the freedom to do other things. But you only have one life, don't spend it being miserable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrissy,
    Don't feel too bad, we all feel like this at times. I've had my moments too, and actually, I'm still going through it a little. It can really bring you down - if you let it. The trick is, instead of letting it bring you down, use it to learn more about yourself - who you are and what you want to do. Success is what you determine it to be, not what others tell you it is. And, the way I see it, if you're happy, then success is all yours! ArtTales said it great before me with the line:
    "You only have one life, don't spend it being miserable." If you don't end up being a lawyer, it's not the end of the world (especially if the work isn't making you happy). Because whatever you do in life, you can be great, and you can be happy.
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can anyone as successful and together as you possibly feel so worthless and unsuccessful? Thanks for sharing your feelings with us. It makes feel there is hope that I'm not as worthless as I often feel.
    We love you Chrissy. Hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete