1. Whats your shop name?
Our shop name is justByou. We wanted something that would let us be creative with all the different types of items we offer.
2. Introduce yourself.
My name is Kim, and I've got three great kids who help me in the creation of all our items. I use their ideas and suggestions to create each piece in our shop. We live in Northern California, and we have fun creating and finishing projects together as a family.
3. Why do you do what you do on etsy?
We've made items for people in the past and sold them, and then it was suggested by a customer we try it out online. So that's what we're doing with Etsy, and it's fun. =)
4. When and Why did you join etsy?
We joined in January of this year. We're still learning as we go, but we're having so much fun with it.
5. What have you learned about yourself during your business endeavor in selling on etsy?
I'm still learning, because even with any education and experience, I believe learning is an ongoing thing (or, at least, it should be) throughout life. But one thing's for sure, I have a new appreciation for photography. Taking good pictures (I mean, REALLY good pictures) is tough (I'm still playing with lighting all the time - and it's a battle)!!!
6. What do you do by day when you're not etsy's justByou?
I'm a stay-at-home-mom, and I have been since my youngest was diagnosed with severe eczema when he was 2 1/2 months old.
9. What are some of your favorite pieces?
Some of my favorite pieces would be anything from the mood jewelry line, and we just launched a new section called "Handmade by the KIDS," where all the items are done by only the kids. There will be more in that section very soon. =)
11. Explain how you got started in your craft.
13. Is your craft your job or your hobby? (explain)
It's definitely a hobby that just might be quickly turning into something more. We're really starting to sell our creations to more people now. Our Etsy shop is still in its early stages, but hopefully we'll start spreading the word for online sales too. Who knows?
17. What are some of your favorite shops?
One of my most favorite shops is Pernillas Something Swedish, pernillasSS.etsy.com -- and I think it's because her shop reminds me a lot of my mom's when I was younger.
18. What else would you like to say about anything and everything including yourself and/or your craft? We offer different items at justByou, not just jewelry. We want all our pieces to show a little personality so that the buyers can express their personalities. So, custom orders are always fun!!!