Tuesday, February 21, 2017

What Do You Do With All Those Eggs???

I realized that most people who do egg art, especially Pysanky, empty the eggs AFTER they complete their creation.  That means, after potentially days of working with this chicken egg, the insides are expelled.  As a result you cannot use the egg for eating. 

This is luckily not the case with egg scratching, at least the way I do it. 

My first step is to select eggs from the farmer or grocery store that I think are the best for egg scratching.  I tend to make sure there are no bumps or grooves on the eggs. 


Once selected, I need to blow out the insides of the eggs.  This means something else as well... 

BAKING!

I will either make quiche, baked goods, scrambles, eggs, or other tasty meals with my eggs.  That way, not only do these wonderful eggs turn into art, they are used for their more common role of food. 

This past weekend, I bought some more eggs, mainly because I knew that my immediate stash of eggshells upstairs were being dyed yellow, pink, or green.  I always seem to think I need more eggshells when I really do not.  I decided to bake my famous Pound Cake. 


I gathered my ingredients, and got to work... 

I did not take a photo of the final product, but I plan on making it again in the near future.  Basically, I dug into it immediately! 



In the end, I am in full egg dying, etching, and baking swing!  More recipes to come.  Maybe I will try my cream cheese, ham, and dill quiche next.  You know, something healthier.  

No comments:

Post a Comment