Friday, April 1, 2011

Crazy Busy!! Craft Show #1 Tomorrow

Most of you know already, but in case you didn't, tomorrow is my first of three craft shows this month! Each show will get larger and larger. Tomorrow's craft show has 20 vendors. Next week's has 30 and the final week's show has over 50 vendors selling crafts!

All these shows will be Spring themed. I hope my eggs will be well received at each show. I worry about being prepared and making enough sales to not be disappointed with the time I put in on preparation.

I have three different kinds of eggs for this show. First, I have the traditional scratched eggs you have seen on here countless times. Also, I have wax "drop and pull" eggs made by my mother. Finally, I have a new technique. Eggs dyed with a plant or flower pressed against the shell. The effect is that on a pressed look with surrounding color. I will post photos of them soon. In addition, I have cards and earrings to sell.

The cards I hope to make a big hit with. I have 24 now, maybe 30 before the day is over. Earrings did not do so well last show, but I am confident I will have some interested buyers tomorrow. Rob made several pairs of earrings, and he does a much better job than me. :)

My main concern about the craft show is not having enough items, but rather, having everything I need. For example, I do not have my containers organized yet. As a result I do not have all my price signs together. The ribbon and scissors are missing and the wire for making cards into ornaments is not where it should be.

It is all a matter of gathering together. I am a good gatherer, but I also want to craft a few last minute items tonight. Looks like I will have to "hire" Rob to do some gathering work for me. I'll have to pay him in quiche... though he made all the quiche :P

Wish me luck tomorrow! I'll be sure to update! Hopefully with pictures! Oh... better remember the camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment