Time for Spring Cleaning!Now that Easter is over, it's time to get full swing into cleaning out the house! This being my first home and my first Spring cleaning, I am oddly excited. Everything from Dusting the ceiling fans to washing windows it exciting me (until I start doing it I am sure). But first, a plan must materialize:
First things First:
The Plan:- Finish all laundry, fold and put away
- Iron remaining items
- Store away all fall and winter clothing (space saver bags)
- Empty out cupboards of food and supplies
- Throw out old outdated food
- Vacum and wipe shelves
- Put away food
- Wipe down counters and mop kitchen floor
- Clean bathrooms, including drawers and cabinets
- Clean the toilets and tubs, mop bathroom floors)
- New sheets on bed and store away flannel and fleece (winter) bedding
- Find misc. items under beds and in closets. Either find homes or throw out or donate
- Go through books and movies, donate unwatched movies and unplayed games
- Clean windows inside and out
- Wood clean floors (kill all dust bunny armies... leave no survivors)
- Personal Goal: Empty all items from unused master bedroom and clean room to the point of having the ability to purchase the bed set for this room with tax refund.
The Timeline:Although this looks like most lists people have online, the timeline is always key. I hope to have this all completed in under 2 weeks. Starting today with the laundry and iron to dos, we shall see how I progress. It is almost impossible to fulfill these goals exactly how you want, but if I can get 2/3 of the items done on this list I will be one happy camper.
As it is, the dust bunnies are taking over and frankly, I think my one cat was taken prisoner.
Wish me luck, and good luck to everyone and their cleaning goals this spring!!